sweet … we’ve been awarded!

kreativ-blogger-award[1]

A little while ago, I was pleasantly surprised with a Kreativ Blogger Award handed over by Kate of Marmalade Moon. Kate is an artist who makes exceptional use of gorgeous color and fresh design. I imagine her icons living beautifully and contently in my digital world one day. Her blog is one beautiful spot in the blogosphere. Her writings are thoughtful and inspiring. Reading it is always, always a joy.

To reciprocate this award, I will leave you with seven blogs, out of many, many more, that I read because they inspire me. But first I will share seven things that perhaps you did not know about us.

So here goes:

 

 1.  This summer Jeff and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Twenty This is what we looked like when we were dating. When we met, we didn’t know we had identical hearts.

 

2. We have three children.

DSCF9021 This is what both of our hearts look like. We look at it everyday.

 

3. Our youngest child, Lucas, turned 18 years old this month while Jeff and I hit a bittersweet milestone.

01Bass Player LJOThis is what one, of many, of his smiles looked like his very first year.

 

4. What I miss most about being a mom to really young people, is throwing birthday parties. For Lucas’ second birthday I made a maypole and had everyone dance around it and weave the ribbons in one of the tiniest backyards anyone has ever seen. I’m the one wearing the dress and holding Lucas in my arms.

Maypoll1 This is what an absolute blast looks like.

 

5. In high school, Jeff was voted class clown by his classmates, which was actually quite perfect since I had already decided, when I was little, that clowns were pretty terrific people and that I when I got ready to marry, it should be to a clown.

Jeff 53 This is what his afro looked like.

 

6. One of our favorite, among favorite, places is Key West. It’s only about a six hour drive to get the closest point to Cuba in the US.

I love all the roosters roaming, iguanas basking, fat six-toed cats lounging, and being able to sit in the middle of a Vincent Van Gogh painting.

Keys2 001 This is me in heaven.

 

7. Watching live music is our idea of fun. When we were dating we saw tons of concerts, and even when the kids came into our lives we would attend as many outdoor music festivals as we could. Nowadays, we are very happy and appreciative just to step out to see local musicians play in the smallest of venues.

Usalways This is what we look like now at one of our favorite music spots -Skipper’s Smokehouse in Tampa.


And now for a short list of seven sweet and very cool blogs:

additions style – Valerie makes amazing jewelry – simple and stunning, and all from hardware. She blogs daily about her inspirations, creativity, and business, all while helping her readers find their own personal way to creative breakthroughs.

twirling betty – Reading this blog pure, pure fun. Clever, humorous, and extremely engaging -Christen gives us a peek into a very delightful and charming world while sharing her newly found craftyness with us---and we are all the better for it.

simply said is home of the creator of beautifully delightful paper cards and keepsakes. Jen’s work is perfection. Her originality and friendliness shines through on her blog as she takes us through some of her processes and shows us her favorite craft finds.

ginga squid - I have been head-over-heels for Vicky’s vibrant, unique and wooly jewelry and accessories for a while now. I know very little about fiber arts, but her blog always draws me in with the glimpses she offers into her ingenious world of spinning, felting and knitting.

cole & josephine - Nicole is the creator of striking -yet delicate, intensely colorful –while remaining whimsical, lovely illustrations. Her blog is just as original, amusing and extremely clever as her artwork is. She keeps up with both at an amazing pace.

by hand at home is where Kendra has created a home that feels every bit as warm, cozy and lovely as I imagine her real home is. She makes soft, wooly, precious toys and more as she explores the world of handmade with her family.

lift bridge is the blog of another talented and very giving paper crafter. (I have an affinity for all things paper.) Deb has a wonderful eye for design. While creating, she gives us some really terrific tutorials. I always look forward to see what she’ll show us next.

These are just a few of the blogs that I love to read; there are so many out there. I believe we live in amazing times, these blogs confirm that for me, and *reading them* are an absolute blast.
~dale

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your 25Th Wedding anniversary coming up. My husband and I just past the 22 year mark, I can't believe how fast the time goes by. What great pictures of you and your family, I love the one with Jeff in high school with his afro!

    Thank you so much for the Kreative Blogger Award. I am thrilled to be on your list with all of these other wonderful blogs.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, you are so welcome! I can't believe how fast it all flies by either. Especially for me, since I have always moved in slow motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

    This was such an amazing treat! To read about your love story, your children, Key West and music!!! Thank you so much, it's wonderful to get to know you a little more! Thank you also for your kind words about my space on the web! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, you are so welcome; it really was my pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am mortified! I can't believe I forgot to thank you for this award! It's very touching that you think so highly of me!

    I don't think I could be forced to pick my favorite picture in this post. Maybe the picture of young love or the maypole in the painfully small area? :) I feel like I know you better now!

    ReplyDelete